Liga Photography Blog

has been moved to new address

http://blog.ligaphotography.com

Please visit us there!

liga photo: Shannon & Kevin tie the knot! Cocoa Beach, FL 6-21-08

liga photo

Friday, July 18, 2008

Shannon & Kevin tie the knot! Cocoa Beach, FL 6-21-08

This wedding was very dear to me. Shannon is the sister of Mike, who is the husband of one of my very close friends Jodi. Did you get that? :) This is the second Miller that I have gotten the opportunity to photograph and I was honored. I finally met Kevin two days before to photograph their engagement session. He's in the military and had attempted several times to make it down to Central Florida to take their engagement photos, but every time, something came up and he couldn't. The wedding took place in Melbourne, FL at the First United Methodist Church and the reception was held at the Cocoa Beach Country Club. Of course it being June in Florida didn't give them a good chance of good weather and it looked even worse when a huge monsoon came through knocking the power out of the church for a couple minutes. That being said, Shannon and her bridesmaids and Kevin and his groomsman made it through the rain and to the church on time. It actually set for a very intimate feel. All the wind and dark clouds. I kind of felt like I was in that movie, "Forces of Nature". After the ceremony, the sun decided to come out and everyone headed to the reception. My second photographers, Zekeshem Parsons and Amanda McMahon and me caravanned to Cocoa Beach and got some great shots of the wedding party on the golf course. I have the bug bites to prove it. :) The night progressed beautifully with some lovely speeches, a moving prayer, and a memorable slide show of Shannon and Kevin. I wish you two all the best for years to come! I'm glad we could be apart of your big day! xoxo...
Abby
p.s. I'm testing out using larger images. Let me know what you all think.



--


DSC_0994

DSC_1112

DSC_1007

DSC_1140

DSC_1222

DSC_1252

DSC_1279

DSC_1351

DSC_1533

DSC_1701

collage 2

collage1

DSC_1867

DSC_1992


DSC_2034

DSC_2098

DSC_2216

DSC_2223

DSC_2228

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home