Liga Photography Blog

has been moved to new address

http://blog.ligaphotography.com

Please visit us there!

liga photo: Sneak peek from Cathleen and Mike's "City Chic" engagement session - NYC

liga photo

Monday, July 6, 2009

Sneak peek from Cathleen and Mike's "City Chic" engagement session - NYC

I couldn't wait to post my Sexy engagement session of Cathleen and Mike up in NYC this past July 4th weekend! This fabulous couple lives in the city and is getting married at The Ritz-Carlton Beach Club in Sarasota, FL. We figured what better place to capture the true relationship of Cathleen and Mike than in their hometown. Not to mention that I absolutely LOVE the city and I miss it so as my home. There is such an energy and liveliness that can't be described. Despite a little rain, we had a blast traipsing around the city finding amazing spots to photograph in. We headed to The Hudson Hotel, a hip, swanky hotel near Central Park I believe. The interiors were so amazing and it was a playground of backdrops for me! Afterwards, we traveled to my favorite neighborhood, the West Village and then ended in Soho. They were such great troopers as we waited for the showers to blow by. We didn't worry too much about it though as we passed the time by sipping a couple cocktails getting to know each other a little better. I think the funniest part of the whole shoot was when we were in the West Village shooting when it suddenly down poured on us and we quickly had to rush into the nearest place for shelter. We ended up in a gay bar and thought it was hilarious our odds of that. Needless to say, the music was great and so were the drinks! My fabulous helpers, Amy (My sis) and my good friend Kalin assisted in the shoot with providing umbrellas, sugar-free red bull, and directions for the crazy cab drivers. It really was a great time well spent and I'm super stoked (yes I said "stoked") about what we got. Thanks Cathleen and Mike and Amy and Kalin for a great shoot and I am looking forward to your wedding in September!!






CM-1001_1

CM-1018
CM-1025

CM-1055

CM-1066

CM-1067
A little "Behind the Scenes" of Amy and Kalin helping with umbrellas and all!

CM-1068
A little random creativity that Cathleen had in the bar...


CM-1072

CM-1074

CM-1001
Mike here very determined on hailing a cab....

CM-1088


CM-1080


CM-1102



CM-1112

CM-1134

CM-1143

DSC_6875
Wrapping up the evening in Soho!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home